New year, new club! Not really, but 2017 is here and we are getting closer to riding season everyday! Before we know it we'll be off the the trainers and out on the road again. With that in mind, 613 Cycling registration is officially back open!
We will be doing it a bit differently this year with online registration! You can register directly on 613cycling.club by going to the registration page, and checking out online! Once you have completed this step, we will just need you to download the waiver forms, fill them out, and submit them to us. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out and ask!
In 2017, we hope to continue to grow the club both in terms of the number of members we have, as well as the events we participate in, and the support we offer to you. We are planning to continue our Saturday group rides, provide more support at local races, and just see more of you out on the road! Some planned events for 2017:
- 2nd Annual Lake Placid Day Trip - call in sick to work (or just take a vacation day but that is no fun) and come for a beautiful day trip to Placid. This was a highlight in 2016 so we hope you can make it this year.
- Skills clinics - Road: Spring 2017, Cyclocross Fall 2017.
- Repeating a podium at Preston 2017
- There are rumours of a night crit in Hintonburg which would take place a few days after Preston St.
- CX in the fall. We hope to see more of you out on the CX course in 2017.
Of course, we are always open to suggestions from any of our members for cool events! If you are planning to join, and there is something you'd like to do, don't hesitate to let us know and we will almost always be more than happy to try to make it happen! Looking forward to an early Spring and getting out on the road with all of you!